Anchors Away Monday: Common and Proper Nouns (freebie included!) | Crafting Connections
Receive tips, freebies, and resource updates when you subscribe to my newsletter!

Anchors Away Monday: Common and Proper Nouns (freebie included!)

Monday, May 26, 2014
Hi everyone!  It's time for another installment of...

                                        
                                      If you missed last week's post, check it out HERE!

Have you recently created an anchor chart which has proven to be helpful to your students?  Do you plan to create one this week?  Please link up!



Here's the anchor chart I am sharing this week!
This is the anchor chart I created when we covered common and proper nouns.  It really seemed to help my students remember that most names need to be capitalized because they are proper nouns.

Would you like a set of those nametags to make your own anchor chart?  Get them here






12 comments:

  1. LOVE this one!! I'm already starting my plans for next year and this will be a MUST for us (already pinned it)... I was shocked at how forgetful my students were this year with capital letters and this will be a great visual to use. Thank you for the name tag freebies!! Can't wait to see what others post. I love this linky!

    Kelli
    Tales of a Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelli! I agree, I'm not sure why capital letters are so difficult for students to remember! Thank you SO MUCH for linking up! Whenever you get a chance, look through my store and choose a craftivity that you would like for me to send to you. You can email me at ddrotz2000@gmail.com. I'll be watching for your email!

      Deb

      Delete
  2. Deb, I LOVE your anchor chart. How clever to use name tags for the proper nouns. I'm sure it really stuck with your students. (I"m totally stealing this idea for next year.)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be very honored for you to "steal" this idea! :) Thanks, Amy!

      Delete
  3. I do love the name tags, too! My students get so confused between common, proper; singular, plural; ....Now that I'm reviewing I see how much they have forgotten. I'm excited to link-up this week so I can get one of your craftivities. Thank you for the generous offer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan, I can't wait to see what you link up! I would LOVE to reach an all-time high of SEVEN link-ups! It's open all week, so whenever you have time this week, go ahead and link up! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. Hi Deb, I thought that this new teacher-seller website might interest you. They are based in Canada and offer features that are not found on similar sites. They also have a lot of new features coming. Here is a link: Created by Teachers, Exclusively for Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the super cute freebie - I can't wait to use this next year. I just love it : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb!

    Just linked up with you for your Anchors Away Mondays. Awesome idea. This is my first time linking up! :) Blogger is finally uploading pics for me again-yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for linking up, Dawn! I love the idea you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love! Thanks for the inspiration! I think my firsties will really get it with this visual :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is exactly what I was looking for! Can't wait to use it tomorrow! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top